First, please ensure that you have updated your PlayStation 4 system to the latest 3.00 firmware.
Follow these steps to make sure your instrument is connected to your PlayStation:
- On your PlayStation 4 system, use the DualShock 4 controller to navigate to the following menus in sequence:
- Bluetooth Devices
- Turn on your instrument controller by pressing the PS button
- Press the sync button, on the guitar it is a white button with 3 curved lines located in the “guitar jack” area underneath the PS button. For the drum it is located on the front of the command module, with 3 curved lines next to it.
- Your instrument should appear in the list of devices - select it and then answer 'Yes' when the console asks if you would like to connect to the instrument
- Assign the instrument to a user on the system and then you can use the instrument in Rock Band 4
If this does not address the issue then there is a firmware update available that will fix this issue. Please visit this link in order to download the updater.